Friday, October 10, 2008

Hello to anyone who has taken the time to read my drivel! haha

Today, we got all our passport information filled out, had our pictures taken and sent it to PA for processing. We were to do this last week, but never had the time so it had to wait until today! We have our tickets to Abu Dhabi, UAE, purchased and are getting really excited about the plans to get over there! We will have about a six hour layover in London which is fine and will give us some "stretch" time between flights. The total travel time will border on 25 hrs. and coming back about the same. We will be flying on Northwest Airlines to London, then will take a UAE airline, Etihad, to Abu Dhabi. We will be there with Sydney and Stu and our sweet Kaden for about three weeks. Gosh, I hope they can stand us for that amount of time! Well, I guess we could always go to a hotel somewhere!! haha

We have had so many great trips in our career, but I can't think of one that has us both equally as excited as this trip. You can go to Europe most anytime or to any other country as well, but to this "hottest spot" in the world is once in a lifetime. "Hottest spot" not meaning the weather either!! Although the weather is very hot but will be cooler when we are there. I think it might "cool down" to somewhere in the high 90's!! ha Anyway, we'll try to send out some postcards so you can see how pretty it is there!

Will write more later. If anyone reads this blog, let us know if it immediately puts you to sleep and I'll try to do better next time!!

Love to all....D and B

4 comments:

MAMMA said...

I DO read it and I only have one complaint... there needs to be more posts! Also, you could include some pictures - I don't have nearly enough of you guys, and the scenery where you live is to DIE for!! So, keep them coming!!
Love, M2

Mary-Leah said...

Yes, I read it too. It's bookmarked on my "favorites". So, I agree with Monica, add some photos and more posts!

Mimi/Papa said...

As soon as I learn to post pictures and actually have any to post that are decent, I will get them on. My only recent "good" picture I have had taken was for our recently purchased/applied for renewals on our passports! I had to have four taken to get one I liked, but of course, your dad just sat down, snap!, it was all done. I hate him for being so photogenic!! haha Keep your fingers crossed that I learn soon!

Shelly B said...

I read it to and have it bookmarked. I don't think I'll ever get my mom and dad to blog. Heck they hardly ever check their email so I'm sure blogging will never happen.

I can't wait to see pictures of your trip. Of course it will probably be on Sydney's blog not yours.